Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AEIS, English

Date: 19/05/2009

Day: Tuesday

Students present: Michael, Henry, William, Susan and Noe Noe

Students absent: Nil

Teacher (main and assistants): Lim Young

Subject: English

Topic: Nouns

Teaching process

Concepts taught: Went through the very fundamentals of english which is grammar. This stem from the reason that their recent essay was too poor, rendering it useless to teach them anything more advance without clearing their basics first. I used one of my father's book, which he used during his university days to study english. It was a really detailed book and it really drilled them to the basic. They were taught nouns in general, collective nouns, pronouns, compund nouns etc.

I made them start a new exercise book which I aim to dedicate it to grammar. I made them write rules and regulations on the first page, forcing them to declare that they will not draw on the book, a problem which I had with Susan and Henry previously.

Example questions gone through: Nil

Practice questions given: Nil

Post-teaching

General comments of students: Students were attentive and they were generally receptive. The book was well maintained and the students were able to pick up fast. I feel lucky that I started this lesson as through this lesson, I realised that there were many basics that the students forgot.

Improvement points of students: They start to become distracted when things get a little dry. As much as I try to make the lesson more interesting by bringing in funny examples, grammar is still a relatively dry topic. Thus, I drill a lot on them to stay focus during my lesson.

Homework given (including due date): Nil

No comments:

Post a Comment